Tauhu Telur - Indonesian Tofu Egg Salad Sauce With Spicy Sweet Dipping Sauce
Servings: 3-4 pax
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Skill level: Easy
1 packet (200g) of DoDo Tofu Fish Cake
4 large eggs (beaten)
1½ tsp fish sauce
1 tbsp Cornstarch
½ tbsp Rice flour
A pinch of baking soda
3 tbsp roasted peanuts
80g Bean sprouts (blanched)
50g Cucumbers (shredded)
1 Big Chilli (sliced finely)
3 tbsp tamarind juice (seeds pre-soak from 1 tbsp of tamarind pulp with 5 tbsp of hot water)
4 tbsp kecap manis
2 tsp sambal belacan
1 tbsp palm sugar (optional)
1 clove garlic (grated)
3 tbsp white vinegar
- Pre-soaked the tamarind pulp in hot water and set aside.
- Give a quick blanch to the bean sprouts and set aside.
- In a blender, lightly pulse the tofu fishcake, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs well, mix in the fish sauce and continue to mix well.
- Sieve in the cornflour, rice flour and baking soda into the egg mixture. Mix till well
- Pour the egg mixture into the blended tofu fish cake and mix thoroughly.
- In a pan of oil, gently put in the ring mould at the centre of the pan. Gently drizzle the ring around with the heated oil.
- Slowly pour in the tofu and egg mixture into the ring mould until it's ¾ filled.
- Continue to drizzle oil all around the ring till egg mixture is cooked.
- With a thong, gently release the ring away from the egg mixture. Continue to cook till its golden brown, dish up and drain well.
- Heat ingredients for sauce in a saucepan. Drizzle over the dish.
- Dress the dish up with blanched bean sprouts, shredded cucumbers and chilli.