Dodo Chicken Platter with Salted Egg Yolk Dip
Servings: 8-10 pax
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Skill level: Easy
- DoDo Chicken Patty (In Batter) 4 pcs
- DoDo Chicken Cutlet (Leg) 4 pcs
- DoDo Chicken Patty Mala (In Batter) 4 pcs
- Oil for deep frying
Salted egg yolk sauce:
- 5 salted egg yolk, steamed & mashed
- 60g butter
- 120ml evaporated milk
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Shredded spring onion
- Sliced red chilli
- Heat oil to 170C.
- Cook frozen chicken patties for 3½ minutes in batches. (Cook mala batch last)
- Heat a pan on medium heat to melt butter.
- Add salted egg yolk to cook until bubbly. (Salted egg yolk was steamed for 15-20 minutes then mashed)
- Add fish sauce and sugar. Give it a quick mix.
- Pour in evaporated milk, bring to boil, and remove from heat.
- Pour into the blender to blend until thick and smooth.
- Garnish & serve as dipping sauce.