Servings: 3-4 pax
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Skill level: Easy
1 packet (250g) DoDo Crab Flavoured Sticks
500g russet potatoes (shredded coarsely)
½ onion (coarsely shredded)
230g turkey bacon (chopped)
2 eggs (beaten)
Salt & pepper to taste
Sour cream (for garnishing)
1. Sauté chopped turkey bacon in a pan to draw out the fats and till slight brown, drain and set aside. Reserve the fats for later use.
2. In a mixing bowl, shred the potatoes & onions coarsely.
3. Sprinkle some salt into the potatoes and onions mixture. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Shred the crabsticks finely, set aside.
5. With a muslin cloth, transfer mixtures onto cloth and squeeze out excess water in batches, set aside
6. In a mixing bowl, combine shredded potatoes, onions, bacon & crabs sticks, mix well.
7. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
8. Mix in beaten egg and bread crumbs, mix thoroughly till well combined.
9. Pick up the mixture and toss it into the bowl (throwing motion) to remove air in the mixture.
10. Shape the mixtures into a few small portions , flatten them and prepare them pan frying.
11. Pour the fats we reserved from the bacon into the flat pan and pan fry the rosti biscuits till cooked and golden brown.
12. Dish up and serve hot.