Thai Coconut Soup
Servings: 4 pax
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Skill level: Easy
400g DoDo oriental steamboat assortment
800ml chicken stock
800ml coconut milk
3 stalks lemongrass (Bruised and sliced)
3 slices galangal
5 chilli padis (adjust to preference)
1 medium yellow onion (slieced)
150g oyster mushrooms
1 tomato (sliced)
2 tbsp fish sauce (adjust to taste)
1 tsp palm / brown sugar
8 kaffir lime leaves
Juice from 3 limes (adjust to preference)
Fresh coriander for garnish
1. To a pot add chicken stock, coconut milk, lemongrass and galangal. Heat gently until it starts to simmer, careful not to let it come to boil.
2. Add chilli padis, sliced onions and oyster mushrooms, continue to simmer gently.
3. Next, add 400g DoDo oriental steamboat assortment along with sliced tomatoes to the soup.
4. Season the soup with fish sauce and palm sugar to taste, then add kaffir lime leaves. Stir and simmer until everything is cooked.
5. Turn off the heat, and add freshly squeezed lime juice to preference. Add a handful of fresh coriander. Mix well and serve.